Your cart is empty
2019 sees the Diesel Driving Experience Courses running between Broadway, Toddington and Cheltenham Racecourse at the GWSR, offering 14 miles of driving to each participant. Each course will take six participants who will be hauling a train of up to eight Mk I carriages
Course fee £425 per person.
The course includes:
· Full English breakfast on arrival in the Flag & Whistle at Toddington for participants and guests
· Explanation of the day's events and safety briefing
· Three round trips between Broadway, Toddington and Cheltenham, a total of 84 miles, during which you will drive your diesel locomotive for fourteen miles, under expert supervision. You will also act as second man for a further fourteen miles.
· Packed lunch for participants and guests
· Signal box and Diesel Shed tour (participants only)
· Free year's membership of the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway for the participant, including member's benefits (worth up to £20)
· Free GWSR Guide Book
· Commemorative certificate signed by your driver
· You may bring up to two guests (over 16) at a nominal price of £20 each, who may travel on the train all day
|Course Date||Motive Power|
|Friday 13th September||Class 26|
|Friday 11th October||Class 37|
|Monday 14th October||Class 50|
Our popular fleet of powerful main line diesel locomotives includes Class 26, Class 45, Class 47 and the ever popular Class 37.
Each participant can be accompanied by up to two guests at £20 each who may travel in the brake coach during the course.
Please note that participants must be over 18 and all guests must be over the age of 16